|The Golden Gate Bridge Walk is our annual fundraiser for the Africa Vulnerable Children Project. |
The Bridge Walk is a gathering of people who share the passion for the work in Zambia. We come together to celebrate the impact our team efforts have made in the community of Kantolomba. The money we raise transforms the lives of 11,000 people, over 3000 of them children, in Kantolomba Compound, a desperately impoverished slum in Ndola, Zambia. When the Africa Vulnerable Children Project began, this community was in need of everything: clean water, food, education, health care, employment, safe housing…everything.
Participating in the Bridge Walk allows you to be part of a program to empower the residents of Kantolomba to lift themselves out of poverty and become self-reliant through these projects:
- Continuing the school/food program for the most vulnerable children in Kantolomba, moving closer to the goal of a meal every day for ALL hungry children in the community.
- Caring for a community complex which houses the only first-aid center in Kantolomba, an adult education center, more classrooms, a sewing cooperative, and the food program and provides a place where cooperative members can gather for a sense of community and support.
- Offering opportunities for employment and mentoring for adults through the sewing cooperative, the men's cooperative and other micro-enterprises which lead to self-sufficiency and sustainability.
- The Living English program that assists children to take the next crucial step in learning to speak and practice English in practical setting, upping their chances to stay in school and find employment.
- Experiencing the miracles and opportunities that ripple out from the benefits of these projects as each change makes many more changes possible.