Blessed Is the Knowledge of Emptiness: A poetic exploration of mysticism
The mystic lives and looks; and speaks the disconcerting language of first-hand experience.
– Evelyn Underhill
What is the experience of being present to Presence? What happens when the ego falls away?
All the day long –
Yet not long enough for the skylark,
O Love’s living flame,
Tenderly you wound
My soul’s deepest center!
Since you no longer evade me,
Will you, please, at last conclude:
Rend the veil of this sweet encounter!
– John of the Cross
Just for a moment, flowers appear
on the empty, nearly-spring tree.
Just for a second, wind
through the wild thicket thorns.
Self inside self, You are nothing but me.
Self inside self, I am only You.
Sages of all times and all traditions have articulated their experience of being HERE through exquisite song and verse. As you journey through the lyrical world of their words, have your own direct experience of “the Divine shining through” on the beautiful grounds of the Zen Monastery Peace Center. In this spacious retreat, we will walk, meditate, contemplate, and process what it means to be “Blessed in the Knowledge of Emptiness” as we immerse ourselves in the poems of the great mystics of Sufism, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, and Zen.
This retreat will include guidance with Cheri and is for those with an established Awareness Practice.
- Fill the application before the deadline.
- Pay the registration pledge.
- Your application will be reviewed and your place in the retreat confirmed within two weeks of applying.
- Your confirmation will contain all the details you need, what to bring, what not to bring, directions if you are driving, etc.
- You will be notified and your registration pledge refunded should your place not be confirmed.
- Registration opens three months prior to the start of this retreat. Please check back at that time to begin the application process. To receive notification by email that registration has opened, you can sign up for our mailing list here.