Duration/ Mar. 16 - Dec. 10, 2020
Mar 16, 2020 - Dec 10, 2020
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Again? Wasn’t ‘Making a Change for Good’ the focus last year?”*
Conditioning’s interpretation of making a change for good is to find something that needs to be changed, change it once and for all, and move on to what’s next. As Awareness practitioners, we pick up the recorder with curiosity and explore, “Why are we always looking for something new and different? What makes us chase novelty? Why do we have an aversion to sameness? Why do we avoid boredom at all costs?”
From Awareness, we experience the nature of existence as constant change and are forever in the stream of making the changes that assist us in the realization that Goodness is our inherent nature. Nothing stays the same; life is a process of arising. Conditioned mind would have life be as changeless, tedious, and drearily repetitive as it is.
Making the movement from seeing through conditioned mind to looking at conditioned mind was the training focus of 2019. In 2020, we will train to look at life with life lenses. Through radio shows and daily exercises we will continue to transform our ability to see with Awareness rather than conditioned mind, a looking that supports us to be present to the vibrancy, aliveness, transiency and joyful nature of life as it is.
*If you caught that conditioned thought, then you are indeed making a change for good!
How It Works
- There will be ten sessions over the course of the year.
- Before each session, you will receive an email that outlines the focus for the session.
- Each participant in the retreat will choose their OWN practice focus within the focus for that session.
- Daily, we will email to you, and also post on the retreat website, an exercise that will be the practice focus for the day. There will be assignments all seven days of the week.
- We will repeat this same format over the course of the year.
- On weekdays, we will host a 30-minute radio show where you’ll have the opportunity to call in and process your insights from the previous day’s assignment and listen to what inspired, challenged, or transformed Sangha.