You can't discuss the ocean with a well frog; it's limited by the space it lives in. You can't discuss ice with a summer insect; it's bound to a single season.
Like the well frog and the summer insect, we are bound by the limitations of our conditioning. When identified with a conditioned orientation, we're not aware that our seeing is limited. In Awareness Practice, the saving grace is discovering that all identification carries a signature of suffering. If we're suffering, we're identified. We can seek guidance for how to end that suffering through awareness.
Guidance is essential to a practice of awareness, assisting us to recognize a conditioned orientation. Since recognition can occur only from awareness, engaging in guidance is a practice of moving from looking through conditioned mind to looking at conditioned mind. Now we can "see" how suffering happens, and in that seeing we can step back and end suffering.
A Socratic email class is a specific form of guidance. The participant chooses the content FOR which they seek guidance. Written exchanges with the Guide assist the participant to clarity about the conditioned orientation that is maintaining the "problem"/suffering.
If you are ready for an alchemy of seeing around a particularly sticky content area in your life, a process you can't get past, or a pattern of suffering you need assistance to see through, sign up for this Socratic Email Class with Cheri.
This is how it will work:
- You select the focus of your practice for the duration of the class. We will not send assignments as in traditional email classes.
- Each person will have 6 interactions with Cheri.
- You send in what you are seeing using a web-based form.
- Cheri will offer guidance and point you in a direction to look.
- You will have 5 days to sit with the guidance before responding with what you are seeing about that guidance. You send in what you've seen and Cheri will respond with where to look next. You will have another 5 days to practice with that, and so on.
- You will be emailed a schedule of submission dates.
- You will be responsible for tracking your own submissions and keeping the timelines of submission and response.
- Your submission will not be anonymous to Cheri, but all submissions and responses will be anonymously posted for everyone in the class.