Duration/ 5 nights
Awareness is the greatest agent for change.
A practice of awareness is really a practice of surrender, of letting go everything that stands in the way of experiencing Life as it is. We're taught to believe that we need to hold on to this and push away that. But that's just not true. Clinging and resisting simply perpetuate suffering.
As practitioners of awareness, we are on a quest to encounter everything we need to "accept, embrace and let go." On this retreat, the subject of our exploration will be emotions, especially those labeled "negative." We will explore the notion that it's not the feeling we're having that's a problem, it's judgments about that feeling. We could be feeling anything, and if we were not being told by a conversation in conditioned mind that it's wrong in some way, there would be no problem.
Bringing our feelings into the light of conscious compassionate awareness is how we turn an ego fall into a graceful, exciting dive.
Through Zen stories and practice exercises, in the safety and intimacy of the privileged environment, allow yourself to dive deeply into those emotions that you've never been allowed truly to examine. Practice cultivating the attitude of unconditional acceptance that liberates you from the clinging and resisting that perpetuates suffering.
This retreat, facilitated by Cheri and Ashwini, will include yoga, delicious vegetarian meals, and individual guidance with Cheri. The retreat will be held in the lush and beautiful grounds of Sanctuary in the Pines in North Carolina.
- Fill out the application before the deadline.
- Pay the registration pledge.
- Your application will be reviewed and your place in the retreat will be confirmed within two weeks of applying.
- Your confirmation will contain all the details you need, what to bring, what not to bring, directions if you are driving, etc.
- You will be notified and your registration pledge refunded should your place not be confirmed.