“This is it. When we are truly present, really here, this is all we could ever hope for, everything it should be.”
– Cheri Huber
Virtual Meditation Groups are a unique way to support your practice by meditating together with Sangha on a regular basis, no matter where you live. These "conference-call" meditation groups are ideal if there is no sitting group in your area or if you want to augment the meditation times offered by your local group.
How it works
A few minutes prior to the scheduled time, call the published conference call number. A trained facilitator will guide a group of callers through the meditation.
We follow a specific format for a meditation period in our practice.
- We meditate for 30 minutes.
- There is a recitation at the beginning and end of the meditation period. Copies of the recitations are available for download from the Resources section.
- Participants are welcome to bring the formality of the Meditation Hall at the Monastery into their home practice by being seated and ready to meditate 5 minutes before the meditation period is scheduled to begin.
- Please be on the call at least 2 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Please note, starting March 5th, all groups end after the last bell of the meditation period.
(recited at the beginning of each meditation period)
(recited at the end of each meditation period)
For questions about Virtual Meditation Groups, email email@example.com